Salt Lake-based Biomass International has signed an exclusive agent-underwriter agreement with Paine Webber Inc. to provide advisory and underwriting services in connection with the proposed financing of the company's $25 million solid waste processing facility in Weber County.

The waste refinery is designed to dispose of the county's sold waste to fulfill the 25-year contract signed last September between the company and the Weber County Commission.Biomass engineered the county facility to utilize about 90 percent of the incoming waste volume to manufacture valuable commercial products for sale, principally fuel ethanol, with the remaining 10 percent residue of "sterilized dirt."

Both the stack gases and the liquid waste streams will be treated for pollution control, resulting in little or no pollution discharge from the facility, company officials said.