A 46-year-old woman was in critical condition Monday at the University of Utah Burn Center following a fire in her duplex apartment at 423 N. First East.

Wanda Gledhill suffered third-degree burns over 47 percent of her body in the fire and was transported by helicopter to the Burn Center from Utah Valley Regional Medical Center late Sunday afternoon.A son, Steve, 25, and daughter, Cheryl, 22, suffered minor injuries and were treated at UVRMC and released.

A dog owned by the family was killed in the blaze.

According to acting Lt. Craig Liddiard of the Orem Fire Department, the incident began at approximately 4:35 p.m. when gasoline being used to help start a fire in a woodstove flashed, catching the daughter on fire.

Mrs. Gledhill assisted her daughter and was removing a milk container full of gasoline from the room when the container exploded.

Steve Gledhill was injured trying to assist his mother.

Liddiard said the fire, which had extinquished itself by the time firefighters arrived, caused an estimated $20,000 in damages.

He said the apartment was destroyed.

The upstairs apartment received smoke damage estimated at $2,000 to $3,000.