A fire gutted one unit of an apartment complex early Saturday, causing some $30,000 damage and displacing one family.

Salt Lake firefighters were called to 1441 W. Pacific Ave. about 12:50 a.m. after a family was awakened by fire and smoke in the apartment into which they had just moved.According to investigators, there had been a power outage while the family was moving their belongings into the apartment over the course of the evening. Someone set something on a stove that had been inadvertently left on. After the family had gone to bed, the power came back on, catching the belongings on fire.

The family escaped without injury and has been relocated by the Red Cross. Fifteen firefighters battled the blaze, bringing it under control within 15 minutes.