A West Valley mother was in serious but stable condition at the University Hospital's Intermountain Burn Unit Saturday after a house fire that began in a dried-out Christmas tree. Her infant daughter remains in critical condition at the burn unit.

Angelyn Rasmussen, 29, suffered severe smoke inhalation in the Thursday morning fire. Ann Rasmussen, 17 months, suffered second-degree burns over 11 percent of her body, said officials.Two other children, ages 5 and 2 months, were treated and released at Pioneer Valley Hospital for smoke inhalation.