Fire officials say a family of eight escaped from their burning trailer home Wednesday morning. Half of the family - asleep during the blaze - was treated for smoke inhalation.

West Valley Battalion Chief Moose Barkdull said two adults and two children were treated for smoke inhalation at the scene of the fire at 3901 S. Swallow Ave. (11th West). None of the victims were sent to the hospital, however.Barkdull said the fire began in the understructure of the trailer home and a faulty pipe heater was being blamed for starting the fire. Firefighters were alerted of the fire at 9:26 a.m. "We had it under control within a few minutes," he said. Damage was estimated at $2,000.