Top Soviet and Swedish officials signed an agreement ending a 19-year-old dispute over fishing and exploration rights in the 200 miles of the Baltic Sea that separates the two countries.

The agreement was signed Monday in Moscow by Soviet Foreign Minister Eduard A. Shervardnadze and Swedish Foreign Minister Sten Andersson.Under the agreement, Sweden won the rights to 75 percent of the area and the Soviet Union gained control of the remaining 25 percent.

Final agreement on the package was reached during a visit to Sweden in January by Soviet Premier Nikolai I. Ryzhkov. Both sides cited the agreement as evidence of "new thinking" by the Soviet Union in its foreign policy.