One horse was slightly injured in a fire that destroyed a boarding stable and a load of hay Sunday afternoon in Centerville, South Davis Fire District Chief Brent Argyle said.

The fire caused an estimated $15,000 damage to the stable, some outbuildings, and the hay, which was owned by Blaine Carr at 224 W. Chase Lane, Argyle said. Other than one horse that suffered minor burns to its muzzle, there were no injuries to other livestock or firefighters, the chief said.The fire was reported about 3 p.m. Sunday, Argyle said, and may have been started by sparks from a welder being used to repair fencing near the barn. The chief said his investigators are also looking into a report that some children were seen in the area of the stable during that time. The investigation is not complete, he said.