It was back to school Friday at the James L. White Jewish Community Center, 2416 E. 17th South, for the more than 150 students and 20 adults who were evacuated from the school Thursday after a chlorine leak was discovered in the swimming pool area.

Eighteen children and five adults were treated for breathing ailments and then released from local hospitals."It is perceived to be of a minor nature - it's just a precautionary thing," said Salt Lake City Fire Department Battalion Chief Gary Maxfield. "Chlorine does affect the upper and lower respiratory areas."

The victims were taken to Primary Childrens, Holy Cross, LDS and University hospitals where they were examined. "They apparently did not get much exposure," said Sandra Wilkins, spokeswoman for Primary Children's Medical Center.

The leak was apparently caused by a chlorine cylinder that had not been closed properly. "I think the valve was either open or partially open. The outdoor pool has been closed since Labor Day," said Bernie Solomon, executive director of the school.