The district director for ShopKo stores in Utah and managers for the seven stores that will open in a few days have been announced by officials of the company based in Green Bay, Wis.
Jim Royal, a native of Utica, N.Y., and a 15-year ShopKo veteran, is the new district director to supervise store operations, management personnel and merchandising procedures for the seven stores.He formerly was a district merchandiser for the Fox River Valley in Wisconsin and store manager in Green Bay and Mankato, Minn.
The store managers are:
- Mike Moran, a native of Butler, Wis., and ShopKo employee for eight years, will be at 5800 S. Redwood Road, Taylorsville. He comes to Utah from managing the store in Mitchell, S.D.
- Tom O'Donnell, a native of Niagara, Wis., and a 17-year ShopKo employee, will manage the store at 2165 E. 94th South, Sandy. He recently was store manager in Kingsford, Mich.
- Mark Weiss, a native of Appleton, Wis., and 15-year veteran with ShopKo, will manage the store at 5959 S. State, Murray. He comes to Utah after managing a store in Pocatello, Idaho.
- Dan Olson, a native of Colby, Wis., and a 13-year ShopKo veterans, will manage the store at 9000 S. 1553 West, West Jordan. Most recently he was a with the company and mostrecently was assistant manager in Twin Falls, Idaho.
- Chuck Eparvier, a native of Bailey's Harbor, Wis., and seven-year ShopKo veteran, will manage the Provo store. He recently was manager of the store in Albert Lea, Minn.
- Kathy Swita, a native of Mosinee, Wis., and a 10-year ShopKo veteran, will manage the Layton store. Her most recent position with the company was operations assistant in the Spokane, Wash., store.