R. Don Cash, chairman, president and chief executive officer of Questar Corp., has been elected chairman of the board of governors of the Salt Lake Area Chamber of Commerce. His term will begin July 1 and he succeeds Mark Miller, president of Mark Miller Pontiac/Toyota/Subaru.
Cash has been serving as first vice chairman since July 1, 1990.Other new officers elected were L. Scott Nelson, president and chief executive officer of First Security Bank of Utah, first vice chairman; and Elder John K. Carmack, a member of the First Quorum the Seventy of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, second vice chairman.
These people and Fred S. Ball, chamber president, who was retained in his position, will serve on the executive committee with:
- James B. Lee, president of the law firm of Parson, Behle and Latimer, vice chairman of the Business Development Council.
- Joan Lewis, manager of Cencor Temporary Services, vice chairman of the Public Relations and Organizational Marketing Council.
- Fred H. Rollins III, district director of marketing for Delta Air Lines, will continue as vice chairman of the Member Relations Council.
- J. James Peacock, Utah Petroleum Association executive director, vice chairman of the Government Affairs Council.
- Jed H. Pitcher, president and chief executive officer of Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Utah, vice chairman of the Special Projects Council.