THE SALT LAKE ACTING COMPANY presents its final spring reading at 2 p.m. today at the Nora Eccles Harrison Museum of Art on the USU campus in Logan. "Holy Days," the story of two Kansas Dust Bowl couples, will be read.
- DEBORAH EISENBERG, author of "Transactions in a Foreign Currency," a collection of stories, will read at a Woman's Place Book Store, 1400 Foothill Dr., at 7:30 p.m. Monday, May 6.Eisenberg is currently serving as a visiting professor at the University of Utah. Her play, "Pastorale," was produced by Second Stage Theater in 1982. Phone 583-6431 for information.
- ELAINE CANNON, prominent Utah author, will read from her new book, "Love You," at 7:30 p.m. Wednesday, May 8, at the Frost Bookstore in Foothill Village. Call 582-8428 for information.
- MORMON COUNTRY, the non-fiction work by Wallace Stegner, will be discussed at 1 p.m. Wednesday, May 8, at the Eastside Senior Center (Christ Methodist Church, 2375 E. 3300 South). Patricia Aikins will lead the discussion. For information call 538-2084.
There will also be a discussion of John Steinbeck's "Grapes of Wrath" that evening at 7 p.m. at the Moab Civic Center. Call 259-6060 for information.
- MAY SWENSON, the late Utah poet, will be remembered in a reading at 8 p.m. Thursday, May 9, at 240 S. Main. Swenson's brother, Paul, will read from her work. Bobby Stearman, a Swenson scholar, will read from the correspondence between Swenson and Elizabeth Bishop. The program is sponsored by City Art and is free to the public.
- THE MAUD MAY BABCOCK READING ARTS SOCIETY will offer a program Thursday, May 9. The program will be held in the Art Barn at 7:30 p.m., and the society will offer a reading of "Love Letters," an A.R. Gurney Jr. play. Marilyn and Richard Sharine will do the reading honors.
- ANDRE FRAIGNEAU, a writer who moved among France's elite art circles but never won wide popularity, has died in Paris at age 85. He is probably best known for his historical studies, including one about Louis II of Bavaria titled "The Reasonable Book of a Mad King."
- Compiled by Jerry Johnston