Check the propane tank. Find the wire brush for the racks and slip the winter cover off the backyard grill.
It's time to move the cooking outdoors for the season.And a selection of seasonings amplifies the outdoor appeal of grilled meats.
The Recipe Exchange for June will feature barbecue ideas. Share your secret marinades or your sumptuous sauces. Whether the entree features beef, pork, chicken, lamb or seafood, outdoor grilling is the common denominator for recipe selection.
Just in time to fire up the charcoal or ignite the gas.Rules for submitting recipes:
1. Submit only one recipe per sheet of paper (but all can be mailed in one enveloped). Include name and address of each recipe. Mail to Recipe Exchange, P.O. Box 1257, Salt Lake City, UT 84110.
2. No more than three recipes will be accepted from any one person.
3. Recipes must be postmarked by Friday, May 17.
4. If identical recipes are received, the recipe with the earliest postmark will be selected for testing.
5. The best recipes will be tested by a panel of home economists with the best recipes printed in the Deseret News food section the first Tuesday in June. Winners will receive $5.
Thanks to our many readers who shared their wonderful cake recipes with our readers:
Tiffani Angus, Melony Hansen, Ellen Koucos, Rhonda Redding, Sidney N. Wallace, Pamela Stoddard, Barbara Dalene, Alta Hall, Pam Schroder, Mary Lou Burgoyne, Ada Hatch, Marilyn Henriksen, Mary G. Matheson, Bessie B. Russell, Karen Conder, Janet Houston, Shirley Goodman, Ellen Partridge, Sarah F. Jensen, Helen S. Clayton, Marilyn Lavender, Chris Putscher, Cindy Hill, Vicki Beckman, Jeanne Phillips, Lory Fuller Holdaway, Teresa Earley, Karen Baker.
Others include Thelma Thelin, Julie Baker, Maridee Coon, Donna Carper, Shauna Jackson, Nancy Catmull, Margaret Diepeveen, Allison Bell, Naomi Kress, Kari Morandi, Alice Oertle, Lilyan C. Wainwright, Mary Barfuss, LaRue H. Reeves, RoDene F. Forsyth, Denise Datwyler.