A story about tax rebate checks in Saturday's Deseret News said the state Tax Commission would be mailing the checks to Utahns. Commission spokesman Lee Shaw said it is the state Division of Finance that will actually be mailing the checks.

"We're concerned that people will be calling us, wondering where their checks are, and we won't be able to help them."In the same story, the commission was identified as the entity that will deduct money from rebate checks for unpaid student loans and delinquent child support payments through its GOTCHA program. Shaw said the Division of Finance will also handle those deductions.

"There are two GOTCHA programs - ours would only take money that was past due on income tax returns."