Two contracts to raise hay on county property were approved this week by the Davis County Commission.

The county contracts with area farmers to raise hay in the fields around the county fairgrounds in west Farmington.According to commission chairman Gayle Stevenson, no money changes hands under the agreements. The county gets 40 percent of the crop and the farmers keep the other 60 percent.

The county's share is used to feed livestock picked up by the county animal control service. Any excess hay is sold, Stevenson said.