The Utah Transit Authority will add two new routes and make the following changes in its bus service April 22:
- Route 1, cancel 3 a.m. and 2 p.m. trips.- Route 2, cancel 2 a.m. and 2 p.m. trips.
- Route 8, cancel 3 a.m. and 1 p.m. trips.
- Route 9, cancel 6:28 p.m. inbound trip.
- Routes 12, 22, 24 and 25 on State Street, change Saturday schedules.
- Route 14, cancel 6:14 p.m. inbound trip.
- Route 15, extend service to St. Mark's Hospital and cancel 1 a.m. and 2 p.m. trips.
- Route 18, increase service to every 30 minutes.
- Route 19, cancel 1 a.m. and 1 p.m. trips.
- Route 20, cancel 5 a.m. trip.
- Route 21, add two trips and change route to 2000 East from 1300 East.
- Route 23, cancel 3 a.m. trip.
- Route 27, add two trips.
- Route 28, new service from Sandy to Unisys.
- Route 32, cancel 2 p.m. trip and change route number on extended runs along 9400 South to Route 21.
- Route 33, cancel 6:15 p.m. and 6:30 p.m. inbound trips.
- Route 37, add extra peak hour trips to run on I-215 and increase service to every 30 minutes.
- Route 38, new service from Tooele to Valley Fair Mall.
- Route 49, add two trips and extend service to Discover Card center at 9000 South and 700 West.
- Route 51, adjust outbound departures to leave at 4:40 p.m. and 6:10 p.m.
- Route 70, add six weekday trips.
- Route 71, change departure time to five minutes earlier for first morning trip to Salt Lake City; minor routing change in Centerville.
- Route 132, add 10:15 p.m. outbound trip and extend service to Brighton Point and Big Cottonwood Canyon park and ride.
- Route 133, minor route change on 10600 South.
- Route 140, cancel 9:06 p.m. west and 9:45 p.m. east trips.
In addition to the scheduled changes, ski bus service to Big and Little Cottonwood canyons will stop after April 21.
Routes changes take place three times a year to adhere to UTA's labor contract and to meet changing demand for service. Public hearings on the most recent changes were held in January, UTA spokesman Bill Barnes said.
For more detailed information, minor route adjustments and other changes call UTA at 287-4636.