The Salt Lake Golden Eagles are one game from a sweep after losing their third straight playoff game to Phoenix, 7-5 Saturday night.

The Roadrunners came back from four separate deficits to defeat Salt Lake before an IHL playoff record crowd of 11,491 at Veterans Memorial Coliseum.The two teams will play Game 4 at the Salt Palace Wednesday night. If the Eagles win, Game 5 will be Friday night at the Palace.

For the second straight game, the Eagles blew a 5-4 lead in the third period. Salt Lake had taken the 5-4 edge early in the third when Rich Chernomaz beat Mario Gosselin with a high shot. It was the second goal of the game for Chernomaz, who also scored in the first period.

However, the Roadrunners scored a pair of goals within a one-minute span midway through the third period. First Brian Lawton scored off a pass from Bill O'Dwyer. Then ex-Eagle Rick Hayward scored his first playoff goal on a deflection of a Mikael Lindholm shot to make it 6-5.

O'Dwyer then iced the game for Phoenix with a power play goal at the 16:30 mark of the period.

After a cautious first period when each team scored once, the floodgates opened in the second period as four goals were scored in the first five minutes of the period.

The Eagles jumped out to a 2-1 lead as Kevan Melrose scored just 53 seconds into the period. But a mere nine seconds later, the Roadrunners tied it on a goal by Petr Prajsler, who also had four assists on the night.

Kerry Clark put Salt Lake ahead again at the 2:59 mark but again, the Roadrunners didn't take long to tie it as Jeff Rohlicek scored at the 4:44 mark.

Darryl Olsen's slap shot late in the period gave Salt Lake another lead at 4-3. But after a penalty by Salt Lake's Mark Osiecki, Phoenix scored on a power play as Dave Pasin scored.

Salt Lake lost goaltender Steve Guenette late in the second period when he was injured in a pileup in front of the net. He was taken to a local hospital for observation. Warren Sharples played the rest of the game in goal for Salt Lake.

Phoenix outshot Salt Lake 38-32 for the game.