A 1:09 a.m. fire destroyed a storage trailer Thursday but was extinguished before spreading to the adjacent plumbing business at 919 W. 100 South.

Used to store plumbing supplies for the business, the trailer was engulfed in flames when firefighters arrived. "It threatened the main building but only burned the eaves a little" before the fire was controlled, said Salt Lake fire Battalion Chief J.D. Roberts.Roberts said the blaze is considered suspicious because there were no electrical or gas utilities connected to the trailer that could have been at fault. An estimate of the damage was set at $500.