The U.S. General Services Administration (GSA) sells property that is no longer needed by the federal government. It publishes the "U.S. Real Property Sales List" (item 511X, free), which lists properties for sale as well as phone numbers to call for more information.

Send your name, address and item number to R. Woods, Consumer Information Center, Pueblo, CO 81009.GSA also sells surplus goods ranging from cars and office equipment to boats and airplanes. To find out about upcoming surplus personal property sales in the region call (303) 236-7705.

Another booklet, "Doing Business with the Federal Government" item 142X, $2.50), lists the GSA's Business Service Centers that are available to help businesses get advice, information on contract opportunities and step-by-step assistance with contracting procedures.

"Your Right to Federal Records" (item 465X, 50 cents) answers frequently asked questions about the Freedom of Information Act and the Privacy Act. The booklet can help you find out how to exercise your rights in obtaining information from the federal government.

The "U.S. Government TDD Directory" (item 573X, free) contains numbers for telecommunications devices for the deaf at federal agencies and congressional offices.

"Consumer Information Catalog" (free) lists all the free and low-cost publications available from the Consumer Information Center. Subjects range from cars to houses to federal benefits to food.