City Rep has announced its 1991-92 Jester Stage season - five familyoriented shows to be presented in the upstairs auditorium of the Utah Theatre, 148 S. Main.
The company's downstairs Court Stage season of musicals, concerts and mysteries will be announced later. The Court Stage season opens June 8 and the Jester Stage season will open on July 19.Productions in the upstairs theater for the season will be:
- "The Marvelous Land of Oz" (July 19-Sept. 7). First issued in 1904, this is the tale of the adventures of a young boy, Tip, as he travels throughout the many lands of Oz.
- "The Canterville Ghost" (Sept. 21-Nov. 8). Oscar Wilde's witty, gentle and humorously haunting tale of the 19th century Canterville Manor and its new owners, Americans who don't believe in ghosts.
- "Treasure Island" (Jan.25-March 13). The Robert Louis Stevenson classic story of Jim Hawkins and Long John Silver's adventures.
- "A Little Princess" (March 27-May 18). Written by Frances Hodgson Burnett, the author of "The Secret Garden," this adaptation recreates the story of Sara Crewe, born to wealth, then suddenly penniless when her father dies in India.
- "Brer Rabbit and the Wonderful Tar Baby" (May 30-July 8) has been adapted from Joel Chandler Harris' classic collection of Southern animal folklore.
During the Christmas holidays, City Rep will present "Babes in Toyland" on the Court Stage and "The Other Wise Man" on the Jester Stage. These two productions are not part of the regular season package.
Season tickets are now available for the five Jester Stage shows. They're $27 for adults and $20 for children 16 and uander. Single-ticket prices are $6.50 for adults and $4.75 for children.
For reservations or further information, contact the City Rep box office at 532-6000. Box office hours are Mondays-Fridays from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Saturdays, from 10 a.m. until 2 p.m.