Bids on three projects to clean and repaint the structural steel on various highway bridges in the state were opened this week by the Utah Department of Transportation. Estimated cost is more than $500,000.
One project, involving several structures on I-15 and I-80 in Salt Lake County, drew an apparent low bid of $261,900 from Certified Coatings of Salt Lake City.A second project involves structures at three locations in Utah County, which drew a low bid of $99,812 from Major Paint and Sandblasting Corp. of Provo.
The final project involves one structure in Carbon County and one in Grand County, and drew a low bid of $125,800 from Western States Coatings of Salt Lake City.
The painting projects are considered routine maintenance to inhibit rust and to keep the bridges neat and clean.
- I-15 north and southbound structures over 33rd South.
- I-15 southbound structure over I-215 near 64th South.
- I-15 structure at I-15-I-215 interchange.
- I-15 structure over railroad tracks near 64th South.
- I-80 utility service road structure over I-80 in Parleys Canyon.
- I-15 southbound off ramp to Center Street in Provo.