OK, it's not really high-fiber (unless you eat the paper). But our 14-day megadose brain teaser, which begins today in the Deseret News, is definitely good for you.
Admit it, you've probably let yourself get a little flabby, mentally, this winter. Summer will be here before very long. And you know what that means - you won't be able to hide your brain under a hat.But we have just the diet for you: 14 days of verbal and visual clues designed to tone underworked cerebral muscles and add color to your gray matter. If you work hard, and you're lucky, you might also win a trip for two to San Diego, courtesy of Morris Travel, plus $100 in spending money.
Here's what you have to do:
1. Read the paper every day from March 15 through March 28. There will be a new clue each day, hidden somewhere in the paper. They'll always be accompanied by the Brain Teaser logo.
2. The solution to each day's clue is a single word. After 14 days you will have 14 words. Arrange the words to form a sentence that will instruct you what to do next. (Hint: You may want to save all 14 days of clues, in case you discover you came up with a wrong answer along the way. The final sentence does make sense. Honest.)
3. To be eligible for prizes, you must do what the sentence tells you to do, when it tells you to do it, between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. Prize winners will be chosen, in a random drawing, from all eligible entrants.
4. Grand prize is a trip for two to San Diego, courtesy of Morris Travel, plus $100 in spending money. Second prize is a trip for two to San Diego, courtesy of Morris Travel. (Some restrictions may apply; prizes do not include hotel accommodations or meals.) Five additional entrants will win Deseret News T-shirts.
5. Employees of the Deseret News and the Newspaper Agency Corp. and their immediate families are not eligible.
6. If you have questions, contact the Today Section, 237-2150. (Don't ask us to give you the answers or even to tell you if your guess is right. But we'll be happy to clarify the rules.)
Clue 1: forwarding