- Appointed Richard Lewis, former Millcreek Junior High principal, to serve as the city's representative on the Davis County Mosquito Abatement District.- Approved a $17,000 bid by Custom Fence Co. to install a new and taller chain-link fence around the 400 North baseball field. The sunbathing area north of the swimming pool will also be enlarged with additional fencing.
- Amended the city's liquor control ordinance, increasing the number of Class A beer licenses from five to six. The increase will allow a license for the Maverik convenience store under construction on Shepard Lane. A Class A beer license allows the sale of beer for off-premises consumption.
- Approved an amended ordinance designating the mayor and City Council as the governing body of the city's redevelopment agency. The prior ordinance left out the mayor.
- Received a street lighting survey done by the city's police department, recommending the installation of an additional 46 lights. Estimating the cost of operation at $460 a month or an additional $5,520 annually, the council agreed to discuss the recommendations during upcoming budget workshops.
- Agreed to help the Somerset Farms homeowners association do a study of drainage problems in the development's streets. The association will pay the $16,000 estimated cost of the study.
- Heard a report on a proposal to build an outdoor stage and amphitheater in Woodland Park for the city's 1992 centennial celebration.
Davis County Commission
- Approved an agreement with Utah Power & Light to provide electrical hookups to lots the county is developing adjacent to the extension of Davis Boulevard at 3100 South in Bountiful.
- Honored county animal control director DeeAnn Hess, named the Outstanding Young Law Enforcement Officer of 1990 by the Bountiful Jaycees.
- Set speed limits on five county roads: Davis Boulevard between 3100 South and North Canyon Road, 25 mph; Glover Lane in west Farmington, 35 mph; 650 West in west Farmington, 35 mph, down from the previous 40 mph; 1100 West curving around to where it becomes 500 South in west Farmington, 35 mph; and 1525 West in west Farmington, 30 mph.