The Cancer Screening and Prevention Program, Utah Department of Health, in cooperation with the American Cancer Society and participating local health departments, will provide cancer screening clinics for women.
The examinations are given by specially trained registered nurses. Participants must pay a fee ranging from $4 to $22, based on annual family income and family size. Appointments are necessary; call 538-6712.The clinics will include a Pap test, pelvic and breast examination, blood pressure check, hemocult kits to test for colorectal cancer and information about other cancer-related illnesses.
Some of the clinics will be held in churches, but all women, regardless of religious affiliation, are invited to attend the clinics. The following is a schedule of the date and location of the clinics.
- Monday, March 4, 1-4:30 p.m., County Government Center, Room S-2400, 2001 S. State, South Building second floor;
- Wednesday, March 6, 1-7 p.m., Copperview Community Center, 8446 S. 340 West;
- Tuesday, March 12, 5:30-7:30 p.m., Redwood Multipurpose Center 3060 S. Lester St.;
- Tuesday, March 12, 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., Winder West Stake Center, 4530 S. 1200 East;
- Monday, March 18, 1-4:30 p.m., County Government Center Room S-2400, 2001 S. State, South Building second floor;
- Wednesday, March 20, 1-7 p.m., Copperview Community Center, 8446 S. 340 West;
- Tuesday, March 26, 5:30-7:30 p.m., Redwood Multipurpose Center, 3060 S. Lester St.;
- Wednesday, March 27, 5:15-7 p.m., Cannon Health Building, 288 N. 1460 West, Room 105;
- Thursday, March 28, 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., 32nd, 42nd, 51st Ward Building, 1825 S. 800 East, Bountiful.