The City Council, acting as the city's redevelopment agency, will decide Tuesday whether to create a redevelopment area in southwest Provo near the East Bay Business Park.
Also during its meeting Tuesday, the council will decide whether to increase garbage rates from $6 to $9.50 to pay for the capital investment in and maintenance and operation of the new Bayview Landfill.The council will take action on both of these items following public hearings.
The council will also:
- Consider accepting the Planning Commission's decision to rezone 119 acres in the Riverbottoms for a research and business park.
- Consider accepting the Planning Commission's decision on changes to the street map for Carterville Road and Edgewood Drive.
- Accept a donation from the Provo Lions Club for Lions Park.
- Recognize Keith Clarke of the engineering department as employee of the month.
- Proclaim Feb. 25 through March 2 International Awareness Week.
- Present service awards to city employees.
- Consider a resolution in favor of putting the Utah Valley Economic Development Agency under the supervision of Utah County.
- Hear a report from John Aldrich on the 1991 Freedom Festival.
- Consider approving the nominations of Merrill Martin to the Metropolitan Water Board and Greg Hudnall to the Board of Adjustment.
At the end of the council's meeting, residents will have an opportunity to ask the mayor and council questions. Council meetings are held in the chambers at City Hall, 351 W. Center St., at 7 p.m.