A videotape left behind by a CBS news crew that vanished in the Middle East earlier this week aired on the CBS Evening News, but network officials said they still didn't know the whereabouts of the four men.
The network got the videotape from Saudi Arabian officials, who found the crew's car Thursday near the Kuwaiti border, said CBS spokeswoman Donna Dees. The videotape that aired Friday showed convoys of allied force trucks and tanks heading north from Saudi Arabia to Kuwait as the buildup for a ground war continues. It shows CBS correspondent Bob Simon in the border town of Al Roqui asking a local militia, "Which way is Kuwait?"
Simon, producer Peter Bluff, cameraman Roberto Alvarez and soundman Juan Caldera have been missing since Monday.