- Nine crewmen from five aircraft missing as a result of hostile action. Planes are FA-18 Hornet fighter-bomber, two Navy A-6 intruders, an Air Force F-15-E and a Marine OV-10 Bronco. One F-4G Wild Weasel crashed because of engine problems.- Two Marines slightly wounded by Iraqi shelling along Saudi-Kuwaiti border.
- Britain: Four airmen missing. Planes are two British Tornado GR1 fighter-bombers.
- Italy: Two crewmen of a Tornado fighter-bomber missing.
- Kuwait: One pilot of an A-4 jet missing.
- Five deaths attributed to heart attacks or suffocation in gas masks.
- Twelve people injured in Iraqi missile attack.
- The Pentagon said five Iraqis were killed in an allied raid on anti-aircraft units on nine off-shore oil platforms.
- Iraq said civilian casualties came to 23 dead and 66 wounded.