Utahns may not have to change their itineraries because of war, but travel time definitely will be affected by stepped-up security at the Salt Lake International Airport and elsewhere.
Sydney Jarman, manager at Morris Travel, Orem, is telling her clients to prepare for major delays. Travelers should plan to be at airports 45 minutes earlier than usual."One of our clients called and said he was late getting out of L.A. because of security delays," Jarman said. "Right now we are just sitting around wondering what to do next."
Some precautionary measures for air passengers include:
- Leave early, expect longer delays.
- Don't leave your luggage unattended.
- Don't go near unattended luggage.
- If you see unattended luggage, report it to airport security.
- Make sure you have photo identification with you.
CTI, a local agency specializing in business travel, has issued bulletins to its corporate accounts advising them of travel precautions.
Most agencies haven't noticed a decline in reservations.