The death of a Salt Lake man, whose badly burned body was found in the living room of his home Friday, has been ruled accidental, Salt Lake police said.

A preliminary autopsy from the state medical examiner found that George K. Bellenger, 52, 1722 S. 1000 East, died from smoke inhalation. His death is believed to be accidental, said Salt Lake Police Lt. Jim Bell.Bellenger's wife discovered the victim Friday evening as she returned home from work. An area around the body had been burned, but there was no fire when his wife arrived home. Police said a large fish tank apparently ruptured in the blaze and extinguished the fire.

Cigarettes and a lighter were found near the victim's body. It appeared Bellenger may have been tinkering with a soldering iron, Bell said.

The victim had recently been released from the hospital and was bedridden.