Eight people remained hospitalized Thursday with injuries suffered in Wednesday's disastrous fog-related pileups on I-215 in which three people were killed.

Killed in the accidents were:Richard D. Wood, 52, West Valley City.

Glenda Wood, 80, Monticello.

Ruth S. Owens, 46, of Hooper, Weber County.

Richard Wood's wife, Glendeana Wood, 49, remained in serious but stable condition Thursday at LDS Hospital with multiple fractures and head injuries. The couple and Richard Wood's mother, Glenda Wood, were traveling in a pickup truck that was crushed in the accident.

Glenda Wood died Wednesday in the operating room at LDS Hospital, said spokesman Craig Rasmussen. Owens was killed when her vehicle slid underneath a semitrailer truck.

Four others remained in critical condition Thursday:

Bob Higley, 48, of West Valley City, suffered a torn aorta and was in the intensive care unit at LDS Hospital. He underwent surgery to repair the ruptured aorta and to remove his spleen. He also suffered other internal injuries. He was in critical but stable condition, Rasmussen said.

William Boes, 49, of Salt Lake City, was in "very critical and very unstable condition" Thursday at LDS Hospital with multiple severe head and facial injuries. He was apparently injured in an accident on Redwood Road, about one mile north and one hour before the I-215 collisions.

Gregory Williams, 25, of Clearfield, suffered two leg fractures for which he underwent surgery. He, too, was in critical and stable condition Thursday at LDS Hospital.

David Vigil, 24, of Bountiful, was also in critical condition after surgery at Lakeview Hospital, said spokeswoman Susan Mulboon. He suffered fractured femurs of both legs.

Three others remained in local hospitals Thursday:

Lynn Fulton, 32, of Salt Lake City, suffered broken legs and broken ribs and was in serious condition at University Hospital.

At Lakeview Hospital, Arvil Carter, 65, of Salt Lake City, was in fair but stable condition with chest trauma. Semisi Fiefia, 35, also of Salt Lake City, was satisfactory with facial injuries and an injured wrist.

Eleven other patients were treated at LDS, Lakeview and Holy Cross hospitals and later released.