A cosmetology/barber school and its owner in Roosevelt face sanctions against their licenses for violating the profession's state laws and rules, a petition said.
According to the petition issued by the state Division of Occupational and Professional Licensing, Jane Alexander and Jane's Cosmetology/Barber School:
- Failed to provide adequate instruction.
- Allowed an unlicensed and uncertified person to teach.
- Operated a school and shop in the same location.
- Failed to keep the school in sanitary condition.
- Required students to perform janitorial duties not related to their training.
Based on the allegations, the petition said, the division accuses Alexander and her school of two counts of unprofessional conduct.
The petition said licensing regulators are seeking revocation, suspension or other sanctions against the licenses of Alexander and the school.