An electrical problem in a neon beer sign is being blamed for a fire that destroyed a mobile home at 4318 S. 4110 West.

Owner Debbie Roach and two other people were asleep when the sign, on top of the refrigerator, began to burn, said West Valley Fire Marshal John Blundell.All three occupants escaped without injury and called the fire department from a neighbor's trailer at 12:15 a.m.

"The trailer was well involved (in flames) when crews arrived," Blundell said. "But the fire went out relatively easily." Loss has been estimated at $20,000, he said.