The holiday season has arrived, and the Utah County Bureau of the Deseret News will print an activities calendar periodically to keep readers informed about the programs, pageants and celebrations being held throughout the county. If your group or organization wants to have its activity listed, call the bureau, 374-1162. Fax 377-5701.
Wednesday, Dec. 5Utah Valley Symphony Christmas concert, 7:30 p.m., Provo Tabernacle. Admission: $4 for adults, $3 for students.
Thursday, Dec. 6
- Timpanogos Care Center 1990 Gift Festival, 3-8 p.m. Annual event, providing free booth space for vendors of home-crafted gifts. Chili and corn bread dinner. Other baked goods and food to be sold.
- Utah Valley Symphony Christmas concert, 7:30 p.m., Provo Tabernacle. $4 for adults and $3 for students.
Saturday, Dec. 8
Utah Valley Choral Society's annual Messiah Sing-in, 7:30 p.m., Provo Tabernacle. Admission $3. Scores for rent $2.
Sunday, Dec. 9
- 10th annual Carols by Candlelight, a Christmas program of scriptural readings and carol singing sponsored by the Friends of the Provo Library and the McCurdy Doll Museum, 7:30 p.m., Community Congregational Church, 175 N. University Ave. Children under 6 may not attend. Free.
- Pleasant Grove Civic Symphony presents The Messiah, 7:30 p.m., Pleasant Grove Junior High School, 810 N. 100 East. Free.
Monday, Dec. 10
- Provo Arts Council Consort Singers and the Minor Music Company in concert, 7 p.m., Provo Tabernacle. Free.
- "Gifts of Love" benefit concert performed by choirs from Timpview, Mountain View, Lehi and Springville high schools, 7 p.m., Timpview High School Auditorium, 3570 N. Timpview Dive. To benefit the Utah County Foster Children's Organization. Donations accepted at the door.
- The music department at Utah Valley Community College presents is annual Christmas Concert, 7:30 p.m., Student Center Ballroom. Free.
Tuesday, Dec. 11
David Glen Hatch presents "Christmas Joy," a holiday concert for charity, 7:30 p.m., Provo Tabernacle. Admission free with a donation of a non-perishable food item. Food donations will be given to Community Action Foodbank for distribution to local needy families.
Wednesday, Dec. 12
- Utah Valley Choral Society Christmas concert, 7:30 p.m., Provo Tabernacle, works by John Rudder. Admission: $2 single, $10 per family.
- Utah Valley Community College hosts a one-man performance of "The Christmas Story," noon, UVCC Ballroom. Michael Jesse Bennett will perform the Charles Dickens show. Free.
Friday, Dec. 14
Utah Polynesian Choir Christmas concert, 7:30 p.m., Provo Tabernacle. Free.
Saturday, Dec. 15
"Christmas Revels," an old-fashioned Christmas party for children and adults, 1:30 p.m., McCurdy Doll Museum, 246 N. 100 East, Provo. Admission is $2.50 for adults, $1.50 for children.
Tuesday, Dec. 18
Meridian School Christmas Concert, 7 p.m., Provo Tabernacle. Free.
Friday, Dec. 21
"Love Light" Christmas entertainment with Joyce Christiansen, 7:30 p.m., Provo Tabernacle. Admission: $5 adults, $3 students and senior citizens.