Fifteen Utah music students have taken top prizes in the Utah Music Teachers Association annual auditions, held last weekend at Utah State University.
They are:- Trent Brown, Kaysville, high school voice.
- Alyson Markham, Salt Lake City, junior high woodwinds; April Clayton, Bountiful, high school woodwinds; Kimberly Helton, Springville, collegiate woodwinds.
- Bret Cooke, Provo, collegiate brass.
- Sarah Brough, SLC, junior high strings; Anne Perry, SLC, high school strings.
- Elena Cho, SLC, junior high piano; Francie Lin, SLC, high school piano; Bill Stanley, Logan, collegiate piano.
- Ah Young Jun, Ogden, pre-college organ; Troy Hunter, Logan, collegiate organ.
- Hensel Trio, BYU, chamber music.
In addition flutist Noelle Boyd, clarinetist Jaren Hinckley, violinists Rebecca Anderson and John Gardner, pianists Amanda Moody, Mira Gill and Paul Pisano, organist Carl Wadsworth and the BYU Brass Quartet were named as alternates.
Winners will compete in the Southwest Division auditions of the Music Teachers National Association Jan. 5 in Las Vegas. Winners from that contest will then go on to compete for various awards at the annual MTNA convention next March in Miami.