A West Valley woman who was treated for burns she suffered Friday when she fell asleep while smoking in her bed has been released from University Hospital, a nursing supervisor said Monday morning.

Electa Hemingway, 36, who had been listed in serious but stable condition, suffered burns over 7 percent of her body when the cigarette she was smoking ignited her bed, said Mark Wetsel, a West Valley City senior fire dispatcher.Firefighters contained the fire to a bedroom, but smoke and heat damaged much of the rest of the home at 2849 W. Wiltshire Way. Damage was estimated at $30,000 in the fire, which broke out about 11:30 a.m., Wetsel said.