The Utah Motor Transport Association recently honored a host of drivers, companies and other individuals for excellence at its annual awards night.
The trucking organization recognized about 100 individuals and companies in a multi-media slide presentation. Six special awards were presented to:- Lt. John C. Danks, Utah Highway Patrol, Trooper of the Year.
- Robert J. McClamant, Consolidated Freightways, Driver of the Year.
- Norval Millsap, Sinclair Oil Co., Safety Supervisor of the Year.
- Glenn Goodrich, Utah Department of Transportation port-of-entry supervisor, Outstanding Contributions to the Industry.
- Doug Dredge, president of C.H. Dredge & Co., Trailmobile Grand Trophy for overall excellence.
- Arvel Milne, former president and owner for Milne Truck Lines, pioneering and exceptional contributions.