Salt Lake firefighters quickly doused a fire in a condominium complex Saturday and contained the damage to one unit, but not before the blaze did $20,000 damage.

Neighbors noticed heavy smoke billowing from a two-story unit at the Old Farm Condominium complex, 616 E. 3945 South, and called the fire department.Salt Lake County Fire Lt. Ron Morris said crews from the county and Murray City responded to the blaze at about 5 p.m. No one was in the unit during the fire.

The blaze originated with an electrical short in a utility box on the first floor, Lt. Dennis Steadman said. Flames raced up a laundry chute to a second floor linen closet and heavy smoke filled the unit, he said. No injuries were reported.