A propane torch appears to be the cause of an early evening fire at a Holladay apartment complex that caused an estimated $6,000 damage Thursday.

The fire broke out about 5:24 p.m. at the Sandpiper Apartments, 1492 Spring Lane, said Lt. Larry Kemp. Firefighters arrived at the scene about 5:30 and had the fire under control in less than 20 minutes.Kemp said a roofing company was working on one of the buildings with a propane torch when the roof caught fire. He said three units sustained roof damages. There were no injuries.