In recognition of Breast Cancer Awareness Month, the Utah Department of Health's Cancer Screening and Prevention Program and the American Cancer Society will provide cancer screening clinics.
The clinics will include a Pap test, pelvic and breast examination, blood pressure check, hemocult kits for colorectal cancer, health education information on risk factors, signs and symptoms of cancer and referral for appropriate medical follow-up. The examinations are given by specially trained registered nurses.All women 18 years of age or older, or who are sexually active, who have not had a Pap test during the past year are encouraged to attend.
A fee ranging from $4 to $22 will be charged, based on annual family income and family size. Appointments are necessary and can be made by calling 538-6712.
The clinics for the month of November are:
- Nov. 5, 1-4:30 p.m., County Government Center, Room S-2400, 2001 S. State, South Building, second floor.
- Nov. 7, 1-7 p.m., Copperview Community Center, 8446 S. 340 West.
- Nov. 13, 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., South Cottonwood Stake Center, 1250 E. 4800 South.
- Nov. 13, 5:15-7:30 p.m., Redwood Multipurpose Center, 3060 S. Lester St.
- Nov. 14, 5:15-7 p.m., Cannon Health Building, 288 N. 1460 West, Room 105.
- Nov. 15, 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., Unisys (employees only), Building D, Medical Dept. D1Q02.
- Nov. 19, 1-4:30 p.m., County Government Center, Room S-2400, 2001 S. State, south building, second floor.
- Nov. 27, 5:15-7:30 p.m., Redwood Multipurpose Center, 3060 S. Lester St.
- Nov. 28, 5:15-7 p.m., Cannon Health Building, 288 N. 1460 West, Room 105.
- Nov. 28, 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., West Bountiful Stake Center, 1930 N. 600 West.
- Nov. 29, 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., Granger West Stake Center, 3901 W. 2925 South.