A woman who tried to put out a fire her 4-year-old daughter started Tuesday morning was treated for smoke inhalation and burns at Pioneer Valley Hospital.

A neighbor called the fire department about 9:20 a.m. after seeing smoke coming from the house at 6271 W. Bona Dea Blvd. Acting Fire Capt. Chris Romijn said the child, who was not injured, started the fire in a bedroom while playing with a lighter.Romijn said the mother was burned while trying to put the fire out. He said the fire caused an estimated $25,000 damage.