Several Halloween programs are scheduled for Salt Lake County Library System branch libraries.
- West Valley branch, 2880 W. 3650 South, staff members will present a black-light production, "Skeletons in the Dark" featuring music, dance and story telling, at 10:30 a.m. Saturday, Oct. 20.- Ruth Vine Tyler branch, 315 Wood St., Midvale, will present "Searching for Count Dracula" for children age 7 and older, at 10:30 a.m. Saturday, Oct. 20. "Humbug Witch," "Bunnicula" and "Second-Grade Werewolf" will be among the featured stories.
- West Jordan branch, 1970 W. 7800 South, invites children age 5 and older to make Halloween window decorations and listen to scary stories from 10:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. Saturday, Oct. 20. Registration is required. At 1 p.m. a dramatic presentation of "Humbug Witch" will be held for children of all ages.
- Kearns branch, 5350 S. 4220 West, invites all children ages 3 1/2 to 12 to come in costume to "Spooks on Parade" at 10:30 a.m. Saturday, Oct. 27. Halloween stories, crafts and a snake parade with the costumed children are planned.
- Magna branch, 8339 W. 3500 South, will show a series of films including "Legend of Sleepy Hollow," "Abbott and Costello Meet the Monsters" and "Trick or Treat," a short Disney film about how to trick or treat safely and courteously, at 11 a.m. Saturday, Oct. 27.
- Park branch, 4870 S. 2700 West, invites story lovers of all ages at 7 p.m. Monday, Oct. 29, for an evening of "Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark." Audience participation during the story telling is encouraged.