Art by Glen Edwards and Jon Anderson will be featured at the Art Masters Gallery in Park City from Oct. 19 through Nov. 4. Both artists will be present at a reception from 7-10 p.m. on Friday, Oct. 19. An auction of an original work by each of the artists will be held at 8 p.m. Proceeds of the auction will go to the USU Art Scholarship Fund.
Both Edwards and Anderson are professors at Utah State University. Edwards teaches illustration and Anderson, commercial art.Last year, one of Edwards' watercolors was accepted in The Art for the Parks Competition and Exhibit.
Anderson has taught at USU for the past 25 years. His recent painting of Park City with its historic buildings is attracting a great deal of attention in the gallery.
- Soviet painters Julia Efanova, Leningrad, and Alexander (Sascha) Selytin, Moscow, will show their oil paintings in the Atrium at Foothill Village (1400 South Foothill) on Friday, Oct. 29, from 6-9 p.m. Visitors will not only be able to view the exhibit, but talk to the artists, dance and sample authentic Russian food. Repartee Gallery & FrameWork is sponsoring the exhibit.
- The Salt Lake Art Dealers will host their monthly Gallery Stroll on Friday, Oct. 19, from 6-9 p.m. This event allows the public to become acquainted with recent works by featured artists and gallery regulars.
Participating galleries include A. Allen, Courtyard, Dolores Chase, F. Weixler, Finch Lane, Gallery 56, Marble House, Pierpont, Repartee, Salt Lake Art Center, Southam, Urban Arts, UDC and Williams Fine Art. Maps and locations of the galleries are available at any of the listed galleries. For details, call 328-2787.
- Kimball Art Center is holding its 12th Annual Art Auction Friday, Nov. 2, in the center's Main Gallery. A silent auction begins at 6 p.m., and a live auction follows from 7:30 to 9 p.m. Tom Bock of KMGR radio will be the auctioneer.
Many quality art pieces have been donated by generous artists from the Park City Art Festival, the Kimball Art Center Gallery and Gift Shop and the Park City Artist Association. Some of the mediums include painting, ceramics, fiber, jewelry and glass.
Hors d'oeuvres will be provided by "Alex's Restaurant" of Park City and "Bird's Cafe" in Salt Lake City. All of the proceeds will go to the Kimball Art Center, a non-profit organization.
The cost is $20 per person. For details and reservations, call Kimball Art Center, 649-8882.
- Lectures, workshops, classes, etc.
Wednesday, Oct. 17, noon, Salt Lake Art Center - "Identity Places," art-lunch lecture by Wendy Ajax.
Thursday, Oct. 18, 4:30 p.m., NEH Museum of Art, Utah State University - Gallery talk by Stephen Goldsmith, co-curator of exhibit "A Dozen and One Utah Furniture Makers."
Saturday, Oct. 20, 9:30 a.m. to 4 p.m., Art Barn, 54 Finch Lane, 596-5000 - Ethnic embroidery class with Uta Roth.
Saturday, Oct. 27, 9:30 a.m. to 4 p.m., Art Barn, 54 Finch Lane, 596-5000 - Class on surface design (printing and stenciling on fabric) with Roberta Glidden.
- By Richard P. Christenson