Several Halloween programs are scheduled for Salt Lake County Library System branch libraries.
- West Valley branch, 2880 W. 3650 South, staff members will present a black-light production, "Skeletons in the Dark" featuring music, dance and story telling, at 10:30 a.m. Saturday, Oct. 20.- Ruth Vine Tyler branch, 315 Wood St., Midvale, will present "Searching for Count Dracula" for children age 7 and older, at 10:30 a.m. Saturday, Oct. 20. "Humbug Witch," "Bunnicula" and "Second-Grade Werewolf" will be among the featured stories.
- West Jordan branch, 1970 W. 7800 South, invites children age 5 and older to make Halloween window decorations and listen to scary stories from 10:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. Saturday, Oct. 20. Registration is required. At 1 p.m. a dramatic presentation of "Humbug Witch" will be held for children of all ages.
- Kearns branch, 5350 S. 4220 West, invites all children ages 3 1/2 to 12 to come in costume to "Spooks on Parade" at 10:30 a.m. Saturday, Oct. 27. Three Halloween stories will be presented, and children will be able to make a Halloween craft. A snake parade with the costumed children will complete the activity.
- Magna branch, 8339 W. 3500 South, will show a series of films including "Legend of Sleepy Hollow," "Abbott and Costello Meet the Monsters" and "Trick or Treat," a short Disney film about how to trick or treat safely and courteously, at 11 a.m. Saturday, Oct. 27.
- Park branch, 4870 S. 2700 West, invites story lovers of all ages at 7 p.m. Monday, Oct. 29, for an evening of "Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark." Featured stories will include "Ghost's Hour, Spook's Hour," "The Little Old Lady Who Was Not Afraid of Anything," "Strange Fellow" and "I'm Coming Up the Stairs." Audience participation during the story telling is encouraged.