* Allen P. Gerritsen, director of LDS Hospital's InstaCare facilities since 1984, has been named administrative director of physician relations at the hospital. He will work directly with members of the hospital's active and courtesy medical staff, as well as physicians throughout the Intermountain region who refer to LDS Hospital. He will also assume responsibility for the hospital's Outreach Program, which provides medical education to physicians in outlying areas.
* Jacqueline Augason has been named operating room director. She was previously the operating room charge nurse and an assistant director of nursing at LDS Hospital
* Dr. Homer R. Warner, professor and chairman of the Department of Medical Informatics at the University of Utah School of Medicine, has been elected to senior membership in the Institute of Medicine of the National Academy of Sciences. He is among 10 persons honored by direct election to senior membership, which totals 301.
* Eugene C. Beck, president of the Utah Hospital Association, has been appointed a member of the National Advisory Committee on Rural Health. Beck will join the 18-member committee for a three-year term. The committee advises U.S. Department of Health and Human Services on priorities and strategies for providing and financing health care services in America's rural areas.
* Brenda Grover has received the Excellence in Nursing Care award from McKay-Dee Hospital Center's medical staff and administration. She is the first to receive the award, which will be presented semi-annually to hospital registered nurses who demonstrate consistent excellence in nursing practice. An employee of the hospital for six years, Grover worked in the surgical unit and intermediate care unit and presently works in the intensive care unit.