U.S. troops at the Palmerola air force base are taking "greater security measures" and servicemen on leave have been called back to the base following an attack that left six military personnel wounded, a U.S. official said.

U.S. Embassy spokesman Charles Barclay said Monday the security measures had been implemented at the Honduran air force base, 36 miles northwest of Tegucigalpa and 72 miles south of San Pedro Sula, where unidentified assailants attacked the servicemen early Sunday as they left a discotheque.The Pentagon released the names of five of the six Americans wounded and said the name of the remaining airman would be released as soon his relatives were notified.

The five identified were Army Specs. Elbert Whitehead of Enfield, N.C., James Jones of Ebenburg, Pa., and John Monroe of Spring Lake, Mich., and Air Force Staff Sgt. Shawn Cunningham of Cheshire, Conn., and Cpl. Michael Shea of Gardena, Calif.

All six are in good condition, the Pentagon said, and being treated at the Palmerola base.