A body was pulled from the Aegean Sea Tuesday and a second was found on the Greek ship where three men threw grenades and fired guns at sunbathing tourists. The death toll in the bizarre attack rose to at least 11.

The casualty count was expected to keep rising after Monday's assault aboard the 370-ton City of Poros cruise ship."We also have found some floating body remains that indicate the death toll could go higher . . . " said a harbor authority officer who spoke on condition of anonymity.

One body was found on the ship Tuesday and another was taken from the sea, he said. Nine bodies were recovered Monday and at least 98 people were injured in the attack.

Police said the three assailants fled in a speedboat. No group claimed responsibility for the attack, and police said they had few clues to a motive.

Earlier Monday, two unidentified men believed to be of Arab origin were killed when an explosives-packed car blew up near the Trocadero Marina, police said. They said the blast probably was linked to the cruise ship attack.

Police said they found an Iranian magazine in the wrecked car. They said the vehicle had been rented to a 36-year-old Lebanese man, Hamoud al Hamid,

and contained hand grenades and automatic weapons.

Terrified passengers scurried for cover and leaped into the sea when the gunmen hurled grenades and sprayed gunfire at the tourists on the crowded vessel. The grenade blasts triggered a fire aboard the ship as it headed for the Trocadero Marina in this Athens port.

The ship, about 16 miles out, was returning from a daylong cruise.

Although the harbor authority reported some bodies may have not been recovered, a Merchant Marine Ministry spokesman said all 471 passengers and 22 crew members had been accounted for Tuesday.

The spokesman said 50 of the wounded were hospitalized, 15 in serious condition, he said.

By Tuesday, authorities had released the names of only two of the dead: Antonis Demaizis, the ship's 45-year-old first mate and a Danish tourist, 33-year-old Karl Johan Grabas.

"I was on deck when I heard automatic fire," Jean Wogewda of Lorient, France, said from his bed in a Piraeus hospital, where he was recovering from gunshot wounds in both legs. "I turned around and was thrown into the air by the impact of the bullets hitting my leg.

"I saw a man who was shooting and I couldn't believe it and thought it was a joke. When I saw others falling to the deck, it turned out to be real."

A Swedish passenger who asked not to be identified said he saw a man in his early 20s pull an automatic weapon from his backpack and open fire.

"Then he threw two hand grenades and fire broke out and the deck caved in. There were burning sheets of metal falling on the people in the saloon below," the Swede said. "There was total panic, it felt like a million years but all in all it must have been over in four minutes."

Pouring black smoke, the City of Poros steamed 16 miles back to Piraeus as coast guard vessels, yachts and speedboats flocked to the rescue in response to the captain's distress call.

The ministry spokesman, who spoke on condition of anonymity, said the wounded included 34 French, three Jordanians, three Danes, two Britons, two Norwegians, one Moroccan, one Swiss and one Swede.

Seven Americans were on the cruise, but none were among the injured, he said.

The gunmen opened fire on the City of Poros at 8:40 p.m., six hours after the parked car blew up.