About Utah: 30 years later, Caputo still 'thrilled to death to be a deli guy'

• Tolstoy salt lake, UT
    June 19, 2017 4:05 p.m.

Tony is one of the best among us. I worked at the shelter when he opened his first deli down in the area. He not only did not move in and start complaining about the homeless he reached out to the shelter and those we served with love and compassion. Over the years I watched him interact with some of the most elite in our community and the homeless man in pioneer park, he always treats everyone with the same level of human decency and respect regardless of thier station on life.

• Jguevara MIDVALE, UT
    June 19, 2017 2:04 p.m.

Tony has been an inspiration in business and an excellent restaurant owner and manager all of the years I have known him. He was general manager of Francesco's restaurant for many years in the 70's and 80's. I had the pleasure of working with him, Chris Hase and other members of the Caputo family. He has spent a lifetime creating and presenting excellent food and restaurants for all of us to enjoy. It is great to have another generation of Caputo's to carry on this great tradition.

• FanOfTheSith Vernal, UT
    June 19, 2017 10:49 a.m.

What an awesome story on an awesome family. Everytime I make it to the big city I meet up with my buddies at Caputos for chao.

• ATHolladay Salt Lake City, UT
    June 19, 2017 10:09 a.m.

We love the Caputo's in Holladay and routinely walk there as a family for dinner. About a month ago I took a friend and our three year old kids there for dinner. It was Jazz on the Plaza night, and there weren't any seats, except for one table that I thought was holding drinks for the band. We found a spot on the edge of a planter, and must have looked a little uncomfortable (I was also over 30 weeks pregnant) because before long a man walked up to us and said 'if I go get that table and bring it out here, would that make you more comfortable?' And I said 'oh no, don't worry about it, I think the band is using that table'. And he said 'Well, this is my place, and if that table and chairs would make you more comfortable I'll go get it and bring it out here for you.' Sure enough, it was Tony Caputo himself. That one interaction took my loyalty to a whole new plane. Love love love Caputo's!

• SMcloud Sandy, UT
    June 19, 2017 4:40 a.m.

I love this shop. There is clearly a real passion to every thing that he does. Thank you for bringing some really high quality food to Salt Lake City!

• stevo123 Driggs, ID
    June 18, 2017 9:11 p.m.

The Caputo family is a asset to Utah food, and downtown. Thanks for all the meatballs!