Jazz GM Lindsey talks about priority of keeping Hayward, Hill

• TerryHaimes Sturgis, MS
    May 19, 2017 9:43 p.m.

Bottom line is Lindsey told Hill goodbye unless you want to work cheaper. Question is, is the Serbian looking for bright lights. Jazz won't sign Hill and the Serbian.

I don't think anybody knows what Hayward is thinking, probably not even his wife. He will go or stay depending on where she wants to live and the team situation at that location. Biggest thing the Jazz have going is he knows the Jazz are committed to him as the face of the franchise and other teams are looking at him as the number two or three.

Here's hoping that the Jazz don't commit to developing talent for other teams as they have been doing.

• MendonMick Mendon, UT
    May 19, 2017 2:20 p.m.

Alpiner--now that one made me chuckle!

• Newlin Sandy, UT
    May 19, 2017 9:37 a.m.

Gordon will want to say down the road, looking back, "I was a Boston Celtic", which has slightly more cachet than telling his kids and grandkids, "I was a Utah Jazzman."

Honestly Jazz fans, Hayward's not a Utah guy, but he definitely is a midwestern guy; but if the Pacers don't want or get him, Boston is where he'll be happiest with a chance to establish a back-half-of-his-career legacy that he'll look back on with fondness the remainder of his and his family's life.

Bye, Gordon.

• runningmanbran Vernal, UT
    May 19, 2017 9:08 a.m.

I think Gordon has as good of a chance at a ring in Utah as anywhere else he could go. Boston isn't any closer to winning a title than Utah is. In fact, I think Utah has a lot more depth than Boston. The Warriors can't sign him and neither can the Cavs. I think Houston is a no, and who would want Popovich as your coach when you could have Snyder. To me, that's a no-brainer. Besides, Hayward doesn't strike me as someone who wants to ride the gravy train. Working hard and battling for a ring would mean a lot more than riding the train to a ring.

• Alpiner Alpine, UT
    May 19, 2017 9:02 a.m.

I looked up some draft projections and one of them shows the Jazz picking Frank Jackson from Duke/Alpine saying that Jackson wowed in the combine. Since the Jazz decided to pick Exum from a Nike High School tournament without any college experience perhaps the Duke experience and actually doing well at the combine might be compelling to them. How interesting it would be if they picked Jackson and then took a roll of the dice on Mika with their second pick in the second round.

• QDiesel SLC, UT
    May 19, 2017 8:13 a.m.

I honestly think the Jazz should consider resigning Hayward and packaging him in a deal to get the number 1 pick in the draft from Boston which would benefit both teams quite a bit. Hayward's stock is really high now and it's time to sell so work out a deal Jazz and get that number 1 pick in the draft!

• scalman Temecula, CA
    May 19, 2017 5:06 a.m.

I found it interesting that GM Lindsey mentioned Exum having the potential to play at SF.

• Hubble65 Sandy, UT
    May 19, 2017 4:12 a.m.

Sorry, Hayward will get very good offers from leading contending teams for a NBA Title and ring. I believe he wants the ring more than anything at this point. How many tens of millions do you need to be set for life? No, Hayward is about winning, and winning it all and that means good-bye to the Jazz. Gone are the days when players stay with the Jazz for their career. The Jazz are becoming a good developmental organization that will have a few seasons of breaking into the playoffs followed by re-building. Thanks Hayward, you were fun to watch.