Nigerian refugee survives shooting attack, rescue at sea, and goes on a Mormon mission

• suzyk#1 Mount Pleasant, UT
    May 20, 2017 9:58 a.m.

What a touching story and the Faith of that young man brings tears of joy to my eyes. He is an inspiration of what is right and what can be received. Thank you for such a uplifting story or hope and the joy of his desire to be a Mormon. Bless his heart.

• LordPillsbury Mcminnville, OR
    May 20, 2017 8:55 a.m.

This story would make a great movie. Perhaps one of the film producers of LDS friendly films could script and shoot a full length movie of this incredible story.

• Caddis Terry, MT
    May 19, 2017 10:31 p.m.

May I never complain again.

• Grandma 20 Allen, TX
    May 18, 2017 10:15 p.m.

A beautiful, touching story of courage and survival! His life was preserved by our Heavenly Father for His wise purposes. I pray for this dear brother's
    success as he serves among the people in Italy, and as he serves as a representative of our Savior and Redeemer, whose work this is!

• B-Real2 Saratoga Springs, UT
    May 18, 2017 8:14 p.m.

What a story. Certainly made me tear up and admire such courage. I haven't had to face that type of fear and violence. Perhaps in the future we will have other Armies of Helaman and they will be led by men such as this. And that army will not fail and their courage and desire for good will strike fear into the desperate bandits of the adversary. We need men like this to help lead us back home to our Heavenly Father. I commend your faith and heart and I pray for your success young man.

• islandboy Honolulu, HI
    May 18, 2017 7:37 p.m.

I love this story. May the Lord bless this young man on his life's journey.

• New to Utah Provo, UT
    May 18, 2017 4:27 p.m.

This is a story of miracles for this young Nigerian. His story is inspiring and one of hope. After climbing his roof to avoid death at the hands of Muslim Extremist and then surviving in the sea after the boat he was on sunk. Divine intervention to preserve his life and now he is helping others.

• samhill Salt Lake City, UT
    May 18, 2017 12:36 p.m.

I hope everyone reading this story will remember it if they ever feel the urge to complain about living in America. I know I will.

• Marigold Provo, UT
    May 18, 2017 12:11 p.m.

Incredible story...once again, it emphasizes that we are all God's children...how we treat one another is key.