All-NBA selection could influence Gordon Hayward's decision

• TerryHaimes Sturgis, MS
    May 24, 2017 7:42 p.m.

Don't leave out New York in the Hayward chase. I think Thomas is more likely to keep Hayward away than attract him. In Utah Hayward is NO. 1 elsewhere 2 or 3. This and what wife says is going to decide the issue. Money from endorsements in either New York or Boston will make up any short fall in the money.

I like Hill but the Jazz already have two better point guards.

• Herbert Gravy Salinas, CA
    May 18, 2017 6:24 p.m.

Do we know how interested in cultural entertainment Gordon Hayward actually is?

😁

• joe5 South Jordan, UT
    May 18, 2017 11:37 a.m.

Hubble: Amazing that you are inside Hayward's head so you know exactly what he wants. Or are you projecting your own mindset onto him because that is what you would do?

• Iowa Jazz Fan 2 Cedar Rapids, IA
    May 18, 2017 11:35 a.m.

Reasons for Gordon to go to Boston:

1) Easier road to championship game in Eastern Conference. 2) Isaiah Thomas at PG. 3) Good young core roster. 4) Will have #1 pick in draft next month. 5) Can play for excellent former college coach, who got Celtics unexpectedly to #1 slot in East this year. 6) Cultural and entertainment opportunities in Boston exceed those in Utah.

Reasons for him to stay in SLC:

1) Availability of longer contract and more money. 2) Roster core as good as Celtics'. 3) Better, stronger front line, anchored by Rudy. 4) Deeper bench. 5) Comparably excellent coach. Maybe better.

Emotional reason to stay: Jazz drafted and developed him for seven years. Jazz have never won a championship; Boston has several. He owes it to team to stay and help them win one. (I know, I know -- emotional reasons don't count).

Wife will have a say in this decision. Anybody know her feelings?

Finally: I take (some) hope from George Hill's comments, quoted in this article.

• Hubble65 Sandy, UT
    May 18, 2017 10:32 a.m.

Money is money and when you are talking tens of millions to hundreds of millions, it doesn't matter. Hayward seems to have a good head on his shoulder, handling his money and I firmly believe he wants to be in an organization that is committed not just to winning, but winning it all. He wants a title and that is not going to happen in Utah, period. So truly the waiting for Hayward is to see what competitive, NBA Title contending team wants and lands him.

• Harp83 Rock Springs, WY
    May 18, 2017 7:12 a.m.

This offseason will prove to be either a 5 year climb or decline depending on how it goes. I have thought all year if we dont atleast make the 2nd round Hayward leaves. I feel the team did enough to keep him, either way I have loved watching Hayward progress thru the years. I remember him playing in the final four with Butler before we drafted him, thinking...wow this guy is gonna be good. I would love to ser Hill back too, aside from injuries this year, I think next year he will miss less and play even better. If the Jazz show up with Hayward, Hill, Ingles, and one offseason addition next season....sky's the limit for this team.

• Gregory Hill Richboro, PA
    May 18, 2017 6:38 a.m.

Hayward is a really good player, and we would love to have him in Philly if you can't keep him with the Jazz. We need someone who can space the floor and knock down 3s for Joel Embiid and Ben Simmons, someone who also runs the court well and is a plus defender.

We may have that player in Robert Covington, who is a ++ defender and a streaky 3-point shooter, who consistently works so hard his shooting seems to suffer later in games as his legs tire. Hayward might help him develop the pacing and consistency to become truly great.