Utah

KUTV news anchor charged with DUI

• Gerry Rankin Kanab, UT
    May 16, 2017 5:47 p.m.

Shauna, everyone has made mistakes, including me. It took courage to offer a sincere apology on TV like you did today. I wish you the best of luck. I am glad to see you resume your duties on KUTV news.
    Diane Mantyla

• Harley Guy Riverton, UT
    May 16, 2017 5:34 p.m.

I was 43 when I received a DUI on I-80 driving home from a Christmas party. That was 17 years ago. At the time it felt like my whole world was imploding on top of me. It was not until I was introduced to AA that my life started to turn around. I have never known a sense of peace that I have now. I work a rigorous honesty program today and have that in all that I do in my life. I commend Shauna for her honesty as that is part of her first step of the twelve steps of recovery. This disease takes all ages. I dropped my 14 year daughter off to a treatment center yesterday and I can not describe the pain to watch my daughter go through this. Godspeed Shauna. You are loved and respected beyond words. One day at a time my friend one day at a time......

• JBs Logan, UT
    May 16, 2017 1:07 p.m.

Wow, the comments here seem to be from those who have never done anything wrong, or made a mistake. Must be nice to be able to sit in judgment on others like that. I don't condone drinking and driving, not at all. But I do believe that compassion is the way to go, particularly from those who claim to follow the BYU Honor Code, emphasis on Honor. The God I honor and try daily to obey, loves this woman and her family, and I think it is important that we remember that.

I support you, Shauna. I don't know you personally, but I have enjoyed you as you have grown in your career. As you move forward, I wish you and your family the best, and the best in your recovery. I'm not perfect either, and all we can do is keep trying. I know you will. I look forward to seeing you again.

• windsor City, Ut
    May 16, 2017 8:06 a.m.

So some here want to give her a pass, or not call into question what she may or may not have learned from the BYU Honor Code.

I have no problem if someone wants to choose to drink-- that is their choice.

But I DO have a problem with people who inexplicably think they have the right to drink while driving and while impaired, and endanger the rest of us.

Former BYU Honor Code or not,
    LDS or not,
    could you who want to drink please not then drive?

How can people not figure this out??
    Unbelievable.

• mohokat Ogden, UT
    May 16, 2017 7:16 a.m.

I don't watch channels 2, 4, 5 because of their affiliation with the networks. I wish Shaunna the best remembering, he who has not sinned cast the first stone.

• Good-Heavens Salt Lake City, Utah
    May 16, 2017 1:10 a.m.

As a former BYU student, I can tell you that, in the 1970s, violations of the honor code were frequent and wide-spread - at least among those students that I knew during my 4 years there. That being said, the situation going on with this TV personality is mostly, as far as I can tell, just a tempest in a teapot.

• Oh, please! Saint George, UT
    May 15, 2017 9:37 p.m.

Water rocket--if you hope she's turns her life around then why the snide comments about BYU and another former student?

• Rocket2010 Murray, UT
    May 15, 2017 5:40 p.m.

Shauna Lake always has blood shot eyes, that's not a good indication that someone has been drinking. Didn't see any mention of her BAC at the time she was arrested. Hope she comes back on air soon, I think she does a great job.

• ute alumni SLC, UT
    May 15, 2017 4:38 p.m.

Water rocket
    I hate to tell you but not all byu students adhere to the honor code. It's a great school,but suggesting all students do is crazy. As a u grad, my college roots told me not to drive drunk. I think she has a lot going on and remembering her y roots is probably not at the top of the list.

• water rocket Magna, UT
    May 15, 2017 4:09 p.m.

This is really sad. Didn't she learn anything about living an "honor code" while attending BYU? A great man once said "You cannot undo all the wrongs you do with one good act, but you can undo all the acts of good you do with one wrong act." Shauna's public persona sure didn't indicate she had a dark side. Just like BYU's former QB, Hall, who messed up after he left college, I hope Shauna turns her life back around and remembers her college roots, as she moves forward. I wonder how this will affect her job?

• FBII MAN Salt Lake City, UT